I have to share the chicken recipe I tried for dinner last night. It’s so easy to throw together, and I already had all of the ingredients. Prep time was maybe ten minutes, bake time was 30. I will definitely be making this often.
- Chicken breasts, cut into strips (this is what the original recipe calls for, I just used tenderloins)
- Brown sugar
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Season your chicken with the salt, pepper, chili powder, and garlic powder. (Original recipe didn’t have specific amounts- I definitely used more chili powder than anything else.)
- Wrap one piece of bacon around each piece of chicken.
- Roll the bacon-wrapped chicken in brown sugar.
- Place in baking dish with 2-3 tablespoons oil (I totally skipped this step, because I hate oily chicken. Just spray your baking dish with cooking spray if you also want to skip the oil).
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, just until chicken is cooked through (Mine took 30 minutes. The bacon wasn’t as crispy as I would have liked, so next time I might try turning the broiler on high for the last 10 minutes).
How easy is that?! The flavor on these is unbelievable. A little bit sweet, and a little bit smoky. Not to mention, BACON. I served mine with baked potatoes. I bet these would also turn out great on the grill!